Thursday, August 9, 2012

A New Dress for Miss Pretty

Kate is my only girl so I enjoy sewing pretty things for her.  During the school year my time is very limited, so this summer I took a couple days and planned out a new dress for her.  I purchased the book, Sewing Clothes Kids Love, which has patterns included but I hadn't had a chance to try them yet.  The book is total eye candy, truly!  The authors are the creators behind the Studio Tantrum and Farbenmix patterns.  These are lovely Europeans brands that infuse color, pattern, and texture beautifully without seeming busy or overdone.




I decided on the Feliz dress.  So, Kate and I headed off to Hobby Lobby to choose fabrics.  I let her choose the fabrics with a little guidance.  One of the fabrics I probably would't have chosen, but I really wanted her to be involved in the creative process and she loves the dress!  I think a lot of that is because she chose each fabric.





I added some elastic on the overdress to pull it up because my hem was so deep on the underdress you couldn't see it.  She has instructions in the book on how to do it.  Super easy!


We found the little flowers at Joann's in the trim section.  I just hand sewed them onto the dress. 


She loves the ruffles!  I didn't get carried away with multiple rows.  It was my first attempt at the dress so I kept it fairly simple. 













Maximum twirlability!!!  Love it!!

1 comment:

  1. And I might add she looks adorable in this new dress!!
     

    ReplyDelete